AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call status - missed.

eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

In the call details report, under status (received vs missed) how are "missed calls" determined?

My compnay has an automated call service (IVR) - every call is answered.

So in theory, there could not be any missed calls.  What is the definition of a missed call?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Call status - missed.

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 2
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi eCI, 

Any time the phone rings for any period of time, then the caller hangs up before anyone or anything connects the call, call metrics reports this as a missed call.

If you use an interactive voice response (IVR) system that connects automatically, the connection by this system does count as a connected call. They should have close to 0 missed calls reported in this case.

I've actually sent you an email and we can investigate what might be happening in your account privately. If you have any general learnings you can share them back here with the community after that. 

Ita

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author eCI
September 2015

[ Edited ]
eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

For the good of the community I would like to elaborate on the issue.

Ita provided the answer.  For some reason I still have some "missed calls" but it may be a technical issue with my IVR.

To clarfiy the terms.

If a call comes in and the phone starts ringing - but the user hangs up before the call is picked up - that's a missed call.

As soon as the call is picked up  whether by human or IVR - even if it gets hung up after a second, that is a received call.

In addition to this a call may be considered a "conversion".  This happens when the length of the call reaches a certain amount of time - I believe by default it is 60 seconds.  But on this parameter, we - the Adwords users - can configure that time.  We use 45 seconds as the min time.

So to summarize in point form:

Call rings but hangs up before answered:  "missed call"

Call rings and is answered: "received call" even after 1 sec.

Call duration hits time length in setting:  "call conversion"

HTH.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If a user dails a call but number is busy, does that come in "missed call"?

eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
eCI
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I don't know - that's a good question.
However, in this day and age, there really is no reason to have a call get a busy signal, especially for businesses. To me, a busy signal is a sign of a business that is out of date.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This two year old thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new question related to this topic, please start a new thread.

Thanks!