AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call only campaigns using my own phone number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am putting together a call only campaign, and I want to use my own phone number

I understand that google won't be able to track conversions without a google forwarding number, but will it still track clicks?  It has to right?  How will it know what to charge me Smiley Happy  But I want to be sure

Re: Call only campaigns using my own phone number

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Suzanne M

Yes, as soon as the ad is tapped, the phone number is loaded into the user's phone and that is when you are charged.  It's important to understand that you are charged whether or not they complete the call.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
There is no such thing as a "call only" campaign. You can create a click to call only campaign, but as David pointed out - Click to call clicks are just that, clicks. You are charged the same for mobile click to call clicks as any other clicks. Not every click leads to a conversion, and there is no guarantee that those clicks will result in completed phone calls of any duration.

Furthermore, with click to call only campaigns a user does not have the choice to do anything other than initiate a call. If the user wants to visit the website and clicks on the headline, their phone is going to initiate a call. By preventing them from being allowed to visit the website, not only are they likely to not complete the call, but they also may return to the search results and click on a competitors ad in order to actually view a website.

My experiments with click to call only campaigns has been that they never produce as good of results as campaigns where you give users a choice. Make sure your phone number is easily clickable on your mobile site, and implement analytics event tracking (or adwords conversion code) for mobile device click to call clicks on site. Those clicks are no guarantee of phone calls, or call quality, but now you can track both mobile click to call clicks on the call extension, and post ad click click to call clicks on site. Then you have an established click to call click baseline performance that you can compare click to call only campaign experiment results to.
Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks everyone!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok thank you

for this