AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call forwarding and phone dialler

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If we use Google generated call forwarding numbers on our landing page, is it possible to make the phone number an active link so that mobile users can click on it and dial the number?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call forwarding and phone dialler

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
You don't need to! Smiley Happy

You can use Call Extensions on mobile, which will show a dial button on the users mobile phone. This will show up on any ads you are running on a mobile device automatically as long as the call extension and forwarding number are set up in the campaign properly. You can then track these calls as conversions.

Hope this helps.

Re: Call forwarding and phone dialler

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Simon,

It doesn't look like Abbie has answered your question. Your question was about phone numbers on a page, she's talking about call extensions for your add.

I don't know about all phone, but I just tested this with my Android phone on our own website. What I found is if the phone number is the only content within the element, it becomes something like a link. When I tap that phone number, a little dialogue comes up and asks if I want to dial. Is that what you're looking for? If that's the case, you shouldn't need to do anything as the Google number will be the only content of the element in which it appears.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords