AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call extension report for Computer and tablet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

as phone is not clickable on computer and tablet devices then what is the click data under call extension report beside phone number.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Western S
September 2015

Re: Call extension report for Computer and tablet

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Call-extensions run on all devices so you cannot set a phone number to appear with your search ad only for mobile searches. Those clicks are most likely on the headline of the Ad or on other extensions.

To get more precise data use the Segment button and select "This extension vs. other" and you will see exactly how many clicks the call extension received. When I select this segment I see 0 clicks on the "call extension" and all the clicks are attributed to "other".

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Western S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition, I would like to add that you can segment the data of Call Extensions by click type. Doing this would give you more specific data as to which clicks went to the headlines, which to your other ad extensions like sitelinks, Get Direction, Mobile click to call etc...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank Pankaj, it was really helpful.

Punam