AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Tracking with Unbounce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am testing numerous landing pages for our AdWords campaigns. These pages are created in Unbounce.

I have successfully integrated AdWords dynamic numbers in the Unbounce pages and tested these.

I have modified the columns in AdWords reporting to capture phone calls.

However, my understanding is that this measurement of phone calls is the 'click to call' and the 'call extension' shown within the ad.

So my question is, how do I track calls made once the browser views the dynamic number in my Unbounce page?

Hope you can help as I'm going around in circles here Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call Tracking with Unbounce

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cate L,

There are three steps to set it up. 

1. Get the conversion tracking tag from your AdWords account
  2. Add the tag to your website
  3. Create a JavaScript snippet to display a Google forwarding number

Yes, you need to create a separate conversion action for this purpose. Follow the complete guidelines here  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095883

If you have any specific issue, do let us know. 

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

Re: Call Tracking with Unbounce

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
When you create the conversion in AdWords, call it something like Calls From Website. Then when you look at the conversion reporting (or call details in Dimensions) it has a meaningful name.

Unbounce have comprehensive docs on adding a Google Forwarding number:
http://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203509834-Using-Google-s-Website-Call-Conversion...

Just be aware that you need to add the Google javascript, and then one of the sets of code listed by Unbounce, depending on whether the phone number is plain text, clickable, or a button,.