AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extensions reporting more data than recieving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've recently set up call extensions for both search ads and mobile 'call only ads'  for our business. It's been running for the last month or two - slowly gathering data and clicks etc.

One problem though, the phones havn't increased in phone calls and are not really proving fruitful; yet data is reporting a great number of clicks on the Search Ads.

Is there a difference between how clicks are counted for search call extensions? As these are the ones with higher clicks yet we aren't receiving those amount of clicks in phone calls? Why are they even there if you can't call on a desktop?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance,

Re: Call Extensions reporting more data than recieving

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You have to use "Click type" segment to check what exactly was clicked.

click-type-segment.png

Re: Call Extensions reporting more data than recieving

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I think we need a little more info to understand what you are asking.

If you're looking at the click and impression info on the call extension tab, that simply shows the amount of impressions and clicks your ad received with the call extension present. It's important to understand that your ad extensions are not always served 100% of the time with your main ad.

If you're talking about clicks received for "call only ads," this just means the call was not completed, and could be a good indicator the call only format is not right for your business. A mobile click on a call only ad loads the phone number in the phone. The user still must hit send. If they're not hitting send, it most likely means they aren't ready and/or don't have enough information to feel comfortable making a phone call.

The reason why call extensions are available on desktop is that it's useful info that makes for a good user experience. For people seeking service related businesses, it's a good signal that the ad belongs to someone in their local area. Before call extensions existed, I found that putting the local number in the ad copy of service oriented businesses boosted CTR considerably for desktop queries.