AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extension Metrics vs Call Conversion Metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What's the difference between the metrics given on the "ad extension" tab under call extension and the metrics given in the Call Costs/Call Conversion column on the Campaigns page?

I have the forwarding number turned on, and I'm trying to track how many people call from my ads. For example, my ad extension tab says that my client received 335 clicks, but when I go to the Campaigns tab, there are only 12 calls listed. Basically, I dont know the difference between these metrics and I'm not sure which to report to my client(s)! Man Sad

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call Extension Metrics vs Call Conversion Metrics

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Who can help Marissa?
Zee
G+

Re: Call Extension Metrics vs Call Conversion Metrics

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Marissa, 

When you look at the clicks in the Call Extensions listed under the Ad Extensions tab, a click will be measured when someone clicks on your ad when the call extension was shown.

To determine which of these clicks were on the ad, and which we on the call extension click Segment and then click type within the Ad Extensions tab.

When the call extension is clicked on, your client's number will populate on the customers phone but they then obviously have to choice of whether or not to actually make the call.

A conversion will happen whenever the stated conversion occurs. For some people this is, being on the call for 30s etc. 

I hope this helps. Please reply with any questions you have. 

Hannah