AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extension 97 clicks, 3 calls

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

For call extension I made changes
=======================

Mobile-specific options 
Show only the link to my phone number
and
Show my phone number only on mobile phones.
====================
Yesterday data is
97 cliks on call extension out of total 103 clicks, Analytic show 3 vists from this campaign. Client say only 3-4 calls.

So, where is other clicks on phone no? Please someone explain it how does it work when someone click ob ph no from mobile.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Re: Call Extension 97 clicks, 3 calls

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

My understanding is that whenever there is a click to call originating from a mobile device, it takes the user to some intermediate screen which asks the user about confirmation whether a call should proceed or not. If the user quits it, call will not be through but it will be recorded as a click-to-call in your report.

Hence the data you have shared looks like the users clicked on that extension and as you said the user only has the option to dial a number and no option to visit the mobile site, that is a strong indicator of Google Analytics not tracking the visit because the visit never actually happened.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

My understanding is that whenever there is a click to call originating from a mobile device, it takes the user to some intermediate screen which asks the user about confirmation whether a call should proceed or not. If the user quits it, call will not be through but it will be recorded as a click-to-call in your report.

Hence the data you have shared looks like the users clicked on that extension and as you said the user only has the option to dial a number and no option to visit the mobile site, that is a strong indicator of Google Analytics not tracking the visit because the visit never actually happened.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj, I too think the same way. I made this changes a day ago in a bid to get more calls, but now planned to reverse to previous setting to show links to both site & ph#.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
That's probably a good idea Anil because that way you are giving the user multiple options i.e. either a phone call or visit the mobile site.

Best of Luck!
Pankaj