AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extension 97 clicks, 3 calls

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

For call extension I made changes
=======================

Mobile-specific options 
Show only the link to my phone number
and
Show my phone number only on mobile phones.
====================
Yesterday data is
97 cliks on call extension out of total 103 clicks, Analytic show 3 vists from this campaign. Client say only 3-4 calls.

So, where is other clicks on phone no? Please someone explain it how does it work when someone click ob ph no from mobile.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Re: Call Extension 97 clicks, 3 calls

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

My understanding is that whenever there is a click to call originating from a mobile device, it takes the user to some intermediate screen which asks the user about confirmation whether a call should proceed or not. If the user quits it, call will not be through but it will be recorded as a click-to-call in your report.

Hence the data you have shared looks like the users clicked on that extension and as you said the user only has the option to dial a number and no option to visit the mobile site, that is a strong indicator of Google Analytics not tracking the visit because the visit never actually happened.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj, I too think the same way. I made this changes a day ago in a bid to get more calls, but now planned to reverse to previous setting to show links to both site & ph#.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
That's probably a good idea Anil because that way you are giving the user multiple options i.e. either a phone call or visit the mobile site.

Best of Luck!
Pankaj