AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Conversion tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

I wan to setup Call Conversion tracking for my website and as per Google adwords options , there are 3 

1. Calls from ads using call extensions or call-only ads

2.Calls to a phone number on your website

3.Clicks on your number on your mobile website

Can I use all 3 on the same website ? If  I use first option then I will miss tracking of the calls that will come after a visitor lands on my website and dial.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pranjal
December 2016

Re: Call Conversion tracking

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

As soon as I will stop the campaign on google, does it mean next time the patient calls for an appointment  and dials the saved google forwarding number they will be still be able to reach the right place? or once the campaign is stopped the forwarding number is  gone as well. 

I would not recommend to use the GFN, if you are running campaign for a short period.

There are cases when an advertiser gets call(from saved GFN) for a different business which he/she is not owning/advertising.

As Google may allot the same GFN to someone else.

The user intent and procedure of booking an appointment varies for different locations(countries).So, user can book an appointment through the form or the call.

I would like to suggest the call extension with ETA as well as call only ads.

Also, use the location extension so that one can get the directions to reach the clinic when searching on mobiles with full browser or tablets.

Tracking of conversions is the need to calculate the ROI. So, it will be an additional benefit if you track clicks or calls from the number on the website.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Call Conversion tracking

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Pranjal,

You can use all 3 at the same time for a single website. 

Even to continue with the 2nd option, you'll need at least one active call extension.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Call Conversion tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Archit,

Thank  you for your reply.For the best Call tracking how do you suggest to setup Call Conversion tracking ?I mean I am talking about strategy.The website will be for a Doctor.I have one more question , lets say I will be using Call Conversion Tracking  and for that google will use its forwarding number , that will be displayed on Extension  and on webpage, what if after a month I decide Bing have better ROI  and decide to stop my campaign on google.In the meantime the people who will call the doctor for his consultancy, they will save the number they dialed to book an appointment and that number will be a google forwarding number.As soon as I will stop the campaign on google, does it mean next time the patient calls for an appointment  and dials the saved google forwarding number they will be still be able to reach the right place? or once the campaign is stopped the forwarding number is  gone as well. 

Call Conversion tracking

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

The only form of call tracking (to the keyword level) which will capture ALL calls, even those punched in from a desktop phone (entered manually), is call forwarding numbers.  These are temporary numbers which Google displays on the website each time a page is served. It is a rotating pool of numbers setup to detect when someone is calling from PPC traffic. 

If you just use a 'Google voice' number (forwarded to some other number the client answers) for tracking, and put it on the website then you will track calls from mobile, but not calls keyed in manually. 

Rotating number pools are an issue with many clients, who prefer to have a stable telephone # on their site or landing page.  But they are currently the only way to track ALL of the calls, unless the campaign is mobile-only.

The same issue exists with 3rd party call tracking providers.

hth

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pranjal
December 2016

Re: Call Conversion tracking

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

As soon as I will stop the campaign on google, does it mean next time the patient calls for an appointment  and dials the saved google forwarding number they will be still be able to reach the right place? or once the campaign is stopped the forwarding number is  gone as well. 

I would not recommend to use the GFN, if you are running campaign for a short period.

There are cases when an advertiser gets call(from saved GFN) for a different business which he/she is not owning/advertising.

As Google may allot the same GFN to someone else.

The user intent and procedure of booking an appointment varies for different locations(countries).So, user can book an appointment through the form or the call.

I would like to suggest the call extension with ETA as well as call only ads.

Also, use the location extension so that one can get the directions to reach the clinic when searching on mobiles with full browser or tablets.

Tracking of conversions is the need to calculate the ROI. So, it will be an additional benefit if you track clicks or calls from the number on the website.

Regards

Call Conversion tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Archit, 

thanks for your reply , that explains all.