AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Conversion - Website Calls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Recently we set up a Call conversion (Call from a site) for our HOLT site in different locations. But When I checked it using Tag manager I noticed ths on one of our location page. the phone number is not the same with the one on page. Please see screenshot below.

Is there anyway to change it so that it will be the same on the page which is 956.289.7600.

this is the URL for that location btw. http://holttruckcenters.com/locations/edinburg.aspx

Thanks much for the help,

Sincerely

JEVAN,

image1.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call Conversion - Website Calls

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jevan,
No you can't change that because in website call conversion "a unique Google forwarding number is generated for each AdWords ad click and will continue to display to the user for up to 90 days so you can track conversions on any future calls from that visitor."

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jevan D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jevan,

You have the following code on the website - 

window.onload = function(){
_googWcmGet('googlenumber', '866-858-4949');

Now let's understand it better. 

The function mentioned above would get a telephone number and then would replace the contents of all spans of the given class (googlenumber, in the example). Hence, the phone number "866-858-4949" is basically a placeholder here. It would be replaced with the dynamically generated and formatted forwarding number, that is 956.289.7600 is your case. 

Now when you are using Tag Inspector to check the code, it is picking that placeholder number. So, technically, there's nothing to worry. You GFN is appearing to be fine. 

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan-Jha,

Thank you so much for the answer, now I know theres nothing to worry about.

best regards
JEVAN