AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Conversion - Website Calls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are having trouble integrating the call conversion tracking.

We have the code working so as the 'Google Adwords' number is displayed '0333'. The forwarding number is correctly part of the coding as per the set up guide - but when the number is called a recorded message stating "this is a test message, the service on this number is currently inactive". We have called the forwarding number and it works perfectly - we have also tried a selection of Google Adwords numbers. We've also tried two different sites.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve T
September 2015

Re: Call Conversion - Website Calls

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Steve,

Hmm...interesting situation. Let me have our support team to reach out to you to get more specifics on your set-up so we can solve this for you. They'll be in touch via email.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
What is the solution to this? I am having a similar issue and have talked to the implementation team for going on a week now and they claim the Javascript is implemented correctly on our site but we never see the forwarding number on the site.

Can someone help me resolve this? I need to implement the "Calls from Website" conversion tracking for a bunch of my clients.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having this issue as well. My forwarding number isn't populating.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi James and Michael,

If you are not seeing the Google Forwarding Number populated, this could be for one of a few reasons:

Google forwarding numbers may not show with desktop ads if your ad group isn’t getting a minimum number of clicks in a four-week period. Your business phone number will be shown in that case. 

If you are not seeing your call extension showing with your mobile ads, it could be for many performance related questions (which I would review here).

Kathleen