AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

How we can track calls for campaign running for India? As Google didn't allow call forwarding feature in India. I want to track how many time my number showed, dialed by vistor with call duration also?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call Conversion Tracking

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

I think you should go with third party call tracking services. Thats the only possibility that comes to mind as of now.

Siva.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Yes, that's right you don't have the Google forwarding option yet available for campaigns targeting India.

But, you do have the option to implement Call Extensions (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en) with Click-to-call feature where a user on high end mobile can use this functionality to call that number directly. That's my understanding here.

Apart from that you always have the option to use 3rd party tools to track phone calls. You can review this link from Google Analytics App Gallery to look for the best vendor for this service: http://www.google.com/analytics/apps/results?category=Phone%20Call%20Tracking

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moonis

One suggestion here, if you don't want to invest in 3rd party tool for
tracking call data, then you can use a new dedicated phone numbers where
ever you want to track calls. For e.g. if you have two different campaign
and want to track calls for each campaign seperately then use use two new
dedicated phone numbers in each campaign. This way you can track track call
easily that how many calls each campaign is generating by keeping a record
of all the received on each phone number.

My views!

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Abhishek,

In adwords we can check how many times user click on phone number. Suppose we are working for client, at the end of month he will say I didn't get any call by Adwords ad.

We will go to call extension and the check how many time user clicked on our number, I think this is the only insights we can check to know how many times users dialed number. There is a possibility the call extension shows 10 clicks but actually no one dialed number or cut the call immediately.

Then how we will prove that adwords generated X number of calls this month for your business.

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moonis R
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Moonis , my suggestion was to track Adwords generated calls by taking a new phone number instead of using your regular business number as your regular number will be receiving various calls from various source of medium of marketing.

If you want to track calls for your client which I think located in India(correct me if i am wrong) and don't want to use 3rd party tool, then i have one way out for this but its up to you how suitable you find it. Take a new postpaid connection from any of the mobile network and start using that number in your call extension. Now with the help of divert feature in the mobile setting, divert all the calls to the client number. By this when ever a user clicks and calls onthe number in the call extension the call will be directed to the client. Now coming to the reporting part, when you recive the itemised bill for that postpaid number you will get know how many calls are being generated, their duration, time of call from bill. I hope that you are aware of the divert feature and its functioning. Whenever a call is diverted to another number, the number which is diverting the call is also charged.

I hope you understood my point.

Abhishek

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a detailed question or comment.

Thank you.