AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Conversion Tracking not showing ""phone calls" column but is shown in "Conversion Setup"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI

I've setup website phone number conversion tracking on my site and that is working OK.

I've set-up a conversion action of source "Calls from website" on the conversions action page in Adwords. And that is telling me I've had X such "conversions" in the past week which matches what the person answering the calls tell me.

So far - so Good.

But - my issues is the "Phone Call Conv" column on is always "0"; - even though I'm seeing the correct value being reported in Conversion Setup area?

In the campaign settings where call forwarding is setup the "Call Reporting" is ON. But, the  "Conversion Action"  drop down only as a single option which is "calls from ads" ? I have "report phone call conversions" selected.

What am I doing wrong?

I seem's I'm doing everything right - but different data is being displayed in different parts of the  Adwords interface?

regards

Peter

1 Expert replyverified_user

Call Conversion Tracking not showing ""phone calls" column but is shown in "Conversion Setup"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Peter,

Is the "Phone Call Conv" a custom column that you created?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Your phone calls can come from two different sources - Directly from the ads, and from the website. Phone call conversions are the calls generated directly from the ads, when a user did not click through to the website. Call tracking onsite requires additional code, so it makes sense that those calls report as a different conversion - Calls from website.

So you've had X number of calls generated from the website post ad click, but no calls generated directly from the ads without a website visit. In the conversions tab, or when you segment by conversion type, do you see X number of calls from website, and no calls from ads?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Custom Column ? I'm not sure if it is Custom, rather than just one of the columns I'm able to select when view other performance data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I understand the point you make in your first paragraph.

I very much doubt any of the calls are from ads - but rather from the website.

This reflects the reporting in the conversions tab where I see some "inbound calls" but zero "calls from ads".

But - my issue is - under  "phone call conv" column on various reporting layouts - this remains zero.

My "conversions" column as apposed to "Converted Clicks" seems to include these. But it's seems a failing of adwords reporting that "phone calls from website" is not included in the "Phone call Conv" column.

regards

Peter