AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Call Conversion Tracking Issue in Search Ads

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

I am running a search campaign for Australia. I have done following task.

1. Added call extension (Google forwarding number for both). That is working fine.

2. Selected Count calls as phone call conversions

3. Implemented "Call from Ads" Conversion tracking (Count a Lead). That is working fine.

4. In Dimensions -> Call Details is showing calls. Please see in following image.

2015-07-13_112315.jpg

• But issue is that Google is not counting or showing that as a Phone call conversion or conversion why ?

Please tell me what is the logic behind it..........

Thanks,

Pavan

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavan Rai
September 2015

Re: Call Conversion Tracking Issue in Search Ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Pavan,

Have you linked the extension to the conversion action yet? You'll find it at the bottom right corner "Manage Conversion Actions" when you edit the call extension.

Let me know if you aren't able to find it!
Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sumanth,

As you told me I have linked the Conversion action to "Call from ads" and waiting for conversion tracking response when it start working then I will inform you.

Thanks,
Pavan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pavan,

Looking at the image, I see that all the calls recorded are of type "Manually dialed" and do not have any "Calls from Ads".

You'll need at least one call extension or call-only ad using a Google forwarding number and with "Count calls as phone call conversions" selected.

You can refer to this article for more details on setting conversion tracking for calls from ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095882

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sumanth/Pavan,

I am informing you that your idea is not working. Call details section is showing 4 calls but still conversion is zero. Any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
Pavan