AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Calculating Impressions when increasing budget on existing Campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Really need help with this, I've been stumped.

How does one go about calculating the amount of extra impressions one would recieve from increasing budget on a campaign that I am currently already running?

I need to see the impact this would have in terms of impressions.

Please help Smiley Happy!!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Calculating Impressions when increasing budget on existing Campaig

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cinthia L,

Welcome to the Community! What I understood from your question is that you want to see how many impressions you gained after adding extra budget. You can do it by comparing performance before and after adding budget. If you don't remeber when you changed budget, you can check in change history.

After that you need to Opt in for comparison option under Date Range as shown in the screenshot below: You can select customize date range also

Campaign Management 2014-05-23 11-24-53.png

Then Just click the plus sign to see the % change and exact change (as shown in impresions below).

Campaign Management 2014-05-23 11-25-54.png

I would also advice you to check Impression Share metric before and after budget changes made.

Hope this is what you looking for, if not please let us know.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Neha,

Thanks for your reply.

To make it a little clear, I would like to forecast amount of impressions if I were to add x amount of budget.

So this is something prior to adding budget.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Cinthis,

I am sorry to misunderstood your question earlier, I think you can consider your current stats to get ideas of expected Impressions after raising x number of budget. for example:

Impressions: 2000 Spent: $500

2000/500 = 4 Impressions per dollar

now you want to raise suppose by 200$, you can get approx $200*4 = 800.

-----------------

Second method you can get estimates using Google Keyword planner.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

Hope that helps

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cinthia,

Recommend that you look at your "Search Lost IS (Budget) column for the campaign that you're thinking about adding budget to. This number will let you know the % of impression share you're losing because of budgetary restrictions. Little bit of an example formula break down below to help back in cost increases

Impressions: 10,000

Clicks: 1,000

CTR: 10%

CPC: $3.00

Spend: $3,000

Search Lost IS (Budget): 10%

Essentially what this implies is that during this respective time period, you could have increased your impressions by 10% to 11,000. If CPC & CTR numbers remain static this would have resulted in spend increase of $300 or 10% as well

Hopefully this helps but if not definitely start with the IS column and it's data as a starter.