AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Calculate CPA for Leads and Signups separately

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is there a way to calculate the Cost Per Lead/Sig-ups? 

In the Adword reports it shows the cost for 'many-per-click' and '1-per-click' but am trying to find out how much a lead is costing us and how much a sign-up is costing us? 

Some more background... 

On our site we provide people to signup to a Demo acount or a Live account. We have set the Demo as a Lead and Live as a signup in adwords. So basically we want to find out how much a Demo/Live account is costing us?

Any help much appreicated. 

Thanks

Re: Calculate CPA for Leads and Signups separately

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

¿Do you have Analytics and Adwords linked accounts?

The only way I think of having seperate reports for different goals is using Google Analytics.

Jordi Rosell
Ecommerce seo/sem consltant at einnova
Blog | @jrosell | Google+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jordi, thats what i am trying to do now but because our conversion happens on a different domain we have lost all source data for the goals/conversions.

I am now fixing that with the cross domain fix, so going forward we should be able to get the numbers from Analytics.

I was just hoping there was a way to get them via adwords Smiley Sad

Thanks
Wahid

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This is very doable via Adwords.

When you set up your two conversions you choose one to be 'Sign Up' and the other 'Lead'. You also likely named them uniquely as well.

If you select a campaign in Adwords and go to the dimensions tab you'll be able to segment your data by conversion purpose and name. See the image below.

Campaign Management see Conversions.png

You can then go into the 'Columns' drop down and add or remove whatever data you need to, including CPA.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Mark, This sounds promising... but when i try that, i dont get any values for cost? I only see conversion numbers. See screen grab below.

adword.jpg

Or have i got it all wrong? 

Thanks in advance.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Interesting. Yes, I'm seeing the same thing here as well.

The workaround I found is to set the segment to the conversion type, add campaign columns, and just download the csv file. I was able to see number of conversions, cost per conversion, etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That didnt work for me:

adword2.jpg

I can see total CPA for each campaign but not for 'Lead' and 'Sign-up' seperately. I dont think this is possibel via Adwords becasue when you try creating a report using conversions in segemtns you get the following error:

adword3.jpg

Oh well... 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

That's really strange. Maybe we're just crossing wires here. Here's what I did.

Added all my columns before applying any segmentation.

Dimension Settings

Selected the conversion tracking purpose segmentation.

Download csv

Downloaded the CSV and here is the data I got. The image is really hard to see but I have multiple conversion names and conversion data as well. You won't see any impressions, clicks, or avg positions but you will get conversion data.

csv data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still no joy Smiley Frustrated

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok. Now that is really strange. I'm going to look into this more for you.