AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

CTR 3 months >>> rest of the year. Should i stop campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i hope someone can give me good advice about this.

I run a website wich has 95% of trafic during 3 months and the CTR is way bigger during high season 10% vs 3.8%.

Since quality score depends a lot in historical CTR my question is if i should stop the campaigns on low season so to not damage my account when high season comes?

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CTR 3 months >>> rest of the year. Should i stop campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @jose n

The goal of AdWords is to   serve your business  and not vice versa. So, if the business by nature (e.g. in the travel industry) has a high  season and a low season, then, act based on the business needs. e.g. minimize expenses during the low season, including AdWords, if needed.

However, signal to the system that this is a planned action, e.g set an end date for the campaign in advance.

And a last comment: the  CTR calculated for QS is expected CTR: this is more a future prediction which  takes into account the  performance among other advertisers (bidding on the same keyword) within the same region So, I assume that you are not the only advertisers within your  business vertical with seasonality.

"this expected clickthrough rate is a prediction, so it's different from the actual clickthrough rates shown in the "CTR" column of your account. Unlike the "CTR" column, this status considers how this keyword performs both within your account and across all other advertisers' accounts.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1659696?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: CTR 3 months >>> rest of the year. Should i stop campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the answer.