AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

CPC for tablets is very high

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I was looking over my reports from last month and noticed that my average CPC for tablets is almost double the CPC for computers. Why would this be?

I'm really not getting conversions from these tablet clicks and they use up too much of my daily budget. Is there anything I can do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CPC for tablets is very high

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi.

Are we talking about a search campaign here? Without analyzing your data I cant give an exact anwer about why CPC is higher,

About your second question, saying your not getting enough conversion may not be entirely true by looking at campaign conversion report. You need to check search funnels and try to understand how many assisted conversion generated through tablets. In most of scenarios mobile devices don't generate lot of last click conversions but they generate higher number of assisted conversions and impressions in the process

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Is your landing page is Tablet friendly or responsive? If not, modify your landing page according to Tablets this will decrease your bounce rate and will improve conversions also.

Here is a good article about how to optimize your website for tables https://developers.google.com/webmasters/mobile-sites/mobile-seo/other-devices/tablets

Thanks,

Aravindh.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I appreciate the suggestions about making the landing page is mobile and tablet friendly. I will look into it.

But that leads me back to my original question. Why do clicks from a tablet have a much higher average CPC? Is this typical for most advertisers? Why would it matter what device is being used?

And yes, this is a search only campaign. Nothing fancy. Keywords are all [exact]. Nothing dynamic or anything like that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi
As you keywords are exact, It will always cost more,its because these keywords are most searchable If you want to reduce your CPC not your impressions than try broad match.

Thanks