AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

CPC Data different between Adwords and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm noticing big discrepancies between Adwords data and Analytics data for one of my Adwords accounts.

The two metrics that don't match are CPC and Cost. Everything else matches - clicks, impressions, CTR etc. are all the same, but the CPC/cost data is different.

The CPC and cost in Adwords are significantly higher than the CPC and cost in Analytics, and we are being invoiced the higher amount.

I've tried Googling the problem, but all the articles I find are about click/conversion discrepancies between the two systems, not CPC/cost.

What I've checked:

1) Auto-tagging is definitely enabled, and always has been

2) The Analytics and Adwords accounts are definitely connected together properly

3) There are no redirects in place - the destination URLs are all legitimate URLs

4) The issue isn't isolated to one campaign or ad group, it is happening across the entire account.

Can anyone help?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rowan B
September 2015

Re: CPC Data different between Adwords and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Nisal.

I actually figured out the problem. It is to do with currency settings in Analytics. Our Adwords account is in AUD, but the Analytics view was set to USD. Changed the setting, and now the data is correct.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

After reading this thread i just checked few of my accounts and linked analytic accounts to see any such scenarios but i couldn't find any big discrepancies. Even in Google I only found below article.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

Which actually mention quite few reason even after deduction the reason you have mentioned in the post.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rowan B
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Nisal.

I actually figured out the problem. It is to do with currency settings in Analytics. Our Adwords account is in AUD, but the Analytics view was set to USD. Changed the setting, and now the data is correct.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long did it take for the numbers in your analytics account to change to reflect the new currency setting? I've changed this setting but the values have not yet changed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jim. This is a long time ago but if I remember rightly, it changed instantly for new data, but didn't affect existing data. I might be wrong though, my memory could be failing me!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rowan...

Thanks for the reply. I did find out later that this change won't affect existing data. I was expecting it to and was waiting for it to adjust the previous values. It seems to be working as described but I would certainly like it to be retroactive.