AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

CPA tracking issues

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am new to CPA bidding. Never tried it before. Now want to try this bidding method. My question is would any other lead that converts through the same page (as Adwords leads do) would be counted by Google as Adwords leads just because the tracking code is there in the thank you page?

In that case I'd be paying Google for every conversion - whether it's Organic, Inorganic, Social, or Paid.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mainak Banerjee
September 2015

Re: CPA tracking issues

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Since you have placed the AdWords Conversion Tracking Code on "thank you page", the AdWords System will record only those conversions which came from AdWords Click. Any user who came from Organic Search and completes a purchase, will not be reported under AdWords Conversions.

Although, in CPA Bidding, you set an amount which is either the Target CPA or Max. CPA, however, you still pay for a Click and not a conversion. Here the AdWords system automatically sets your bids to help you get more conversions and maintain your CPA target which you've set.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Thanks

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mainak Banerjee
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Since you have placed the AdWords Conversion Tracking Code on "thank you page", the AdWords System will record only those conversions which came from AdWords Click. Any user who came from Organic Search and completes a purchase, will not be reported under AdWords Conversions.

Although, in CPA Bidding, you set an amount which is either the Target CPA or Max. CPA, however, you still pay for a Click and not a conversion. Here the AdWords system automatically sets your bids to help you get more conversions and maintain your CPA target which you've set.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Your AdWords Conversions would be tracked only where Google ad was clicked and the user filled up some form or whatever action you have created when the conversion tracking code is triggered.

No organic, direct or referral conversion would be tracked inside Google AdWords, but yes you can measure those conversions using any web analytics tool like Google Analytics, Omniture etc...

Pankaj