AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

CPA bidding for multiple campaigns and ad groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to set up CPA for my Adwords but I'm just a little uncertain how the tracking works. Specifically, I have multiple Campaigns and Ad Groups set up to help me understand how my audience behaves. To set up CPA we need to include a string of code on a specific page (Eg: the "/thankyou" page) so that google can identify when a transaction as occurred, and also see it on the analytics.

My question is : Do I need to set up a unique conversion tracking (and thus a string of code on the "/thankyou" page) for each campaign, or is it possible to just use one?

I am new to this so I hope this is clear.

Many Thanks

Stephen

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephen M
September 2015

Re: CPA bidding for multiple campaigns and ad groups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Stephen,

If you are running all campaigns from one AdWords account, there is no need to set up different conversion tracking pixel on your Thank You page. AdWords would automatically assign conversion to respective ads, ad group, keywords and campaigns.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
I would agree with Rakesh, you would be able to take advantage from CPA step by step because there are certain requirements which you need to meet before you can enable it. (The campaign should usually receive at least 15 conversions in the last 30 days. )

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471188?hl=en
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome thanks so much Smiley Happy