AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Button URL is over-riding Traffic Source

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have AW traffic sent to a landing page on domain1 . When users click to button to convert, they are taken to domain2 to complete conversion. I have cross domain tracking in place and referral exclusion in place. However MOST (not all) of conversion source is not attributed to google/cpc traffic. I noticed that the button that takes the user from domain1 to domain2 has att eh end of url?/utm_source=page1&utm_medium=landing. In GA, I see conversions attributed to page1/landing. Even Adwords is attributing conversions to page1/landing and hence my conversions have dropped significantly. 

I have auto tagging activated on both GA and AW shouldn't my auto tagging take precedence?

Button URL is over-riding Traffic Source

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sueh16,

In your analytics Property Settings, uncheck box "Allow manual tagging (UTM values) to override auto-tagging (GCLID values) for Adwords and DoubleClick Search integration".