AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Broad phrase impression

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am using broad phrases in my adwords group which are getting lots of impressions but very low clicks. Is there any way to see all the impressions search terms?

I can see the search terms after getting clicks in the Keyword details > All, but this is not helping me to control the impressions. I also tried to look this under webmaster tool > search queries but I think this is only for the organic listings.

Can you please help me to understand this?

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Farhan M
September 2015

Re: Broad phrase impression

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Unless you are in a niche market - I would not use the broad match and switch Broad Match Modifier;

As you have already noticed, the broad match "generates" a lot of impressions but relatively low clicks. And the reason is the "endless" list of synonyms "under" a broad match keyword. These synonyms could be irrelevant to your business but still can be matched with a search query and trigger an ad (impression)

Read more;

Using keyword matching options

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’