AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Brand Campagin Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, we are looking to label brand enquiries generated through a brand ppc campaign. At the moment once the customer leaves the landing page we lose the query string so have no way of tagging the enquiry form? We can see total numbers in GA and Conversion Tracking but we want the cleary tag the enqury form with a hidden field? Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Brand Campagin Tracking

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@theniks: I remember discussing this with you, something related to java script right?

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Brand Campagin Tracking

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Steve,

What data do you wish to capture? If you are just looking to tag the enquiry as AdWords source, use auto-tagging. Then look for the presence of a gclid value in the query string. If you find it, set a cookie for your domain. Then on the form, read the cookie. If it exists, fill the hidden field with whatever value.

You can also use manual tagging along with auto-tagging to capture more granular data. Do it the same way. You only get one chance to capture this data, on the landing page. I use both together for positive identification of the AdWords click, and it provides more data than manual tagging alone.

This can all be done with Javascript, or you can do it with server-side scripts. It just depends on your preference. JS handling of cookies is not as robust as most serer-side scripting. Still, I do it with js.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords