AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Bounce Rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys , 

I just used a $100 voucher - it got eaten up in less than 2 days!

The bounce rate was 90% - and the average time those people were on my site was 15 seconds - as measured by analytics.

Is there a minimum time a person needs to land on the the page to count as a click?

How does this happen , with the money getting eaten up so quick when it is not really bring any traffic?

Cheers,

Luke

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bounce Rate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Luke,

The bounce rate was 90% - and the average time those people were on my site was 15 seconds - as measured by analytics.

This is certainly a concern related to your website. What is the bounce rate from other traffic sources like organic, referral etc? Is it also high or it's low? If it's high from all traffic sources, then you need to work upon your website to make it more user friendly.

What is your campaign settings? Are you running Search and Display Network combined?

Did you get most of your clicks on search network or Display network? You can identify this by going to the Main Campaign Tab and clicking on segment by Network. This will give your a clearer picture.

What match type of keywords you used for your campaigns? Broad, phrase, exact?

There are lot aspects from which you have to see what went wrong in your existing campaigns or may be in your website.

I would suggest you to go through the Wiki articles. You will see the Adwords Wiki on Top and get your basics clear, so that you understand what Adwords advertising model is and how you need to explore different strategies to deal with.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Re: Bounce Rate- Campaign optimization

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Jeloo Luke; welcome;

In CPC you are charged by click, no matter what's the bounce rate and how much time a user spends on your site.

The idea is to make your site attractive and to optimize your AdWords campaign performance to target only user relevent to your service and business."Saying that - we said it all" - A variety of strategies and methods stand behind this sentence.

Start by reading some background wiki articles in "measure results" and "improve performance" sections of AdWords Wiki.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Bounce Rate- Campaign optimization

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The bounce rate as a factor may also well be related to having not set up the keywords properly.

i suspect this was the case where all your Keywords were broad match and thus targeted a broad untargeted audience.

Check out the Keyword rules and hope you'll find some useful food for thought... Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Luke,

You received some nice answers here, but looks like no one has directly addressed your question.

A bounce is a visitor who views your landing page then leaves your site without clicking any internal links on the page. It does not matter how long the visitor stays on the page, that's still considered a bounce. It doesn't mean the visitor spent no time on the page, it just means that amount of time can not be measured nor reported.

You can extrapolate the average amount of time spent on a page by non-bounce visits. A 90% bounce rate with average time of 15 seconds indicates non-bounce visits spend a great deal more time on your site than 15 seconds.

All bounces count as clicks.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

"Is there a minimum time a person needs to land on the the page to count as a click?" NO.

"How does this happen , with the money getting eaten up so quick when it is not really bring any traffic?"

How did the $100 budget get spent so fast? What was the daily budget?

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hay TomHaleJr.

Welcome back to the forum!

I think you've been missing for quite a while yet...