AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Big difference in Adwords views compared to YouTube views

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords states that the views since activating the campaign yesterday is 515.  Our YouTube video was at 300 when starting the campaign and now it is currently at 589.  That's a difference of 289 not 515.

I contacted Adwords and they told me to contact YouTube who will not give me the time of day.

Thoughts?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Re: Big difference in Adwords views compared to YouTube views

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi 222
This is completely normal.
This article explains it really well.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2991785?hl=en

Nothing to worry about. What you are seeing is designed to protect you.

YouTube employs proprietary technology to prevent the artificial inflation of a video’s viewcount by spam bots, malware and other means. We validate views to ensure the accuracy of the viewcount of all videos beginning with the first view. This validation process becomes publicly visible when the viewcount reaches 300. At this point, the viewcount may slow or temporarily freeze until we have time to verify that all further views are legitimate. Rest assured that the views system is working as intended, and that the viewcount will update as soon as the system has verified the legitimacy of the views.