AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Bid Strategy: Maximise Clicks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I am experimenting the bid strategies particularly "Maximise Clicks" where I can optionally define a target spend per day. 

If I have a campaign with a daily budget of $100 per day and I apply a bid strategy "Maximise Clicks" with a target spend of $30 per day to 2 out of 5 ad groups in the campaign.

Does the bid strategy budget of $30 consider part of campaign budget of $100 or they are independent ?

Thanks,

Roman

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roman L
September 2015

Re: Bid Strategy: Maximise Clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Roman, the $30 spend is part of your $100 per day budget so, in theory, your 2 Ad Groups using the Clicks strategy could spend $30 in a day while the other 3 Groups could spend $70.

Note that the target specified is always capped by the overall Campaign daily budget(s) so even if you set a figure here that's higher than your total daily budgets, you'll never spend more than those budget limits (subject to the normal overdelivery margin).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Bid Strategy: Maximise Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks