AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Best practices for measuring conversions: AdWords vs. Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to determine a best practice for our agency when implementing conversion goals for our AdWords ads. Our ads usually take users to a page with multiple conversions. One conversion might involve a view of a page, but many of the others involve downloading a PDF or clicking an outbound link. What is the best way to measure all of these when there is no view of a page?

Currently, I've set up the view of a page conversion goal in AdWords and the outbound links are tracked using imported event tracking goals from Analytics. However, I understand there can be discrepancies in the way these goals are measured, i.e. clicks vs. visits and cookie expiration dates. How does impact reporting of conversions? Am I doing it right, or is there some other solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Best practices for measuring conversions: AdWords vs. Analytics

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
If you wanna track click on outbound links or downloads, there is no other way to measure that as a conversion in AdWords than the one you have set up (Event Tracking - Goal config - Import to Adwords), as far as I know, but I not that tech savvy.
I usually set it up that way as well, and think it works good.

Regarding cookies, take a look here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375435

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
If you wanna track click on outbound links or downloads, there is no other way to measure that as a conversion in AdWords than the one you have set up (Event Tracking - Goal config - Import to Adwords), as far as I know, but I not that tech savvy.
I usually set it up that way as well, and think it works good.

Regarding cookies, take a look here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375435

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply, David! I really appreciate it. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything on my end.