AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Best plan to track user process when leaving site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have some ok tracking and goals set up in analytics. I want to better track my ads and have a question.
My user process for ads is:
Click ad> Fill out form> Get an email with a link (can be custom if needed. Also, there may be a gap in time that the user decides to click this link.) >complete another form.

I want to track the completion of that process. Im suspecting I do this with google URL builder, but I am a little confused by all the info I find with filters, tags, etc. Can anyone verify if the url builder is the way to go with the above process? If not, maybe some suggestions toward the proper path?

Ill even take links. Im just not sure how to seek out the answer to this question.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Best plan to track user process when leaving site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Joshua
You don't need to use GA or tagged URLs. If you're using AdWords, you just need to ad the conversion tracking code to the "thank you" or "confirmation" page of the final "completed another form" step in your flowchart above.

Please see this guide on how to set it up: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Re: Best plan to track user process when leaving site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Im using Adwords Express, so I do not get his option. I am currently in the process of migrating to full Adwords and I will get those options you mention. I agree, this idea is best.