AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Benefits of analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys,

I have been asked to outline the benefits of using Analytics over webtrends. Never used webtrends and not an expert i analytics either, from reading around usalbility seems to be the key benefit but any insight would be hugely appreciated.

ta

Jonny

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Benefits of analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Jonny,

I think your question is more specific about Google Analytics. There is a dedicated forum for discussing about Google Analytics. You might consider re-posting this over here.

In the meantime, I would also advice you to look at the Google Analytics introduction, features etc...here.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Jonny, if you're an AdWords user, it's dead simple: Google Analytics and AdWords share data, and for every click on your ads, you have access to all the post-click behaviour as well. Of course, you can manually tag your ad URLs and get part of the data into Webtrends as well, but you'll never reach this level of integration.

Apart from that, if I'm not mistaken, Webtrends is a paid service, while Google Analytics is free (they also have a paid Premium service).

I for one always couple every AdWords account I have access to with a Google Analytics account.

If you're not an AdWords advertiser though ... then my whole answer is useless, except for the free versus paid part Smiley Happy.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Jonny,

I think your question is more specific about Google Analytics. There is a dedicated forum for discussing about Google Analytics. You might consider re-posting this over here.

In the meantime, I would also advice you to look at the Google Analytics introduction, features etc...here.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh, It is challenging to write without experiencing the benefit on your end. I am sure you have consulted the official website of :

Google Analytics

Features

Success Stories

In depth Analysis

Analytics Blogs

Analytics You Tube Channel

I hope you will learn the basics & explore your analytics account. See for yourself the beauty & relevance of having this free tool from Google!

More Power,
Loraine

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for the heads up, i shall post my question there.

Jonny

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Loraine, 

Thankyou for you advice, i am slowly but surely working my way through analytics Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good job to you. One step at time,there's no need to rush (*_*.)

The videos on you tube channel are really engaging to guide you along the way. 

More Power,
Loraine
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Jonny, if you're an AdWords user, it's dead simple: Google Analytics and AdWords share data, and for every click on your ads, you have access to all the post-click behaviour as well. Of course, you can manually tag your ad URLs and get part of the data into Webtrends as well, but you'll never reach this level of integration.

Apart from that, if I'm not mistaken, Webtrends is a paid service, while Google Analytics is free (they also have a paid Premium service).

I for one always couple every AdWords account I have access to with a Google Analytics account.

If you're not an AdWords advertiser though ... then my whole answer is useless, except for the free versus paid part Smiley Happy.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.