Benefits of Using Conversion Tracking
Will the community please help convince my company of the benefits of using conversion tracking in their adwords account.
The fear is that google will know the data (which keyword converted) and use it .therefore our company decided to not implement conversion tracking. They use internal tracking to see what word converted.
1. Does it affect Quality Score - using / implementing conversion tracking helps with QS
2. Other benefits of implementing conversion tracking
3. why not to fear the use of conversion tracking
Re: Benefits of Using Conversion Tracking
Great question. I hope we will help you to persuade your management that they should let you use Conversion Tracking (CT). If you want to understand what keywords are the most powerful, you need to measure their performance. One way to do so - for free - is using CT tool. You can measure purchases, sign ups, newsletters, etc. By tracking conversions/sales, you will know which ad, keyword, ad group and campaign is the most profitable for your company and therefore, you will be able to see your return on investment.
Now to your questions:
- CT doesn't have any impact on your SQ per se. It only can help you to identify bed or good performing keywords. By doing so, you can then focus which keywords to focus on and which keywords to eliminate. More about QS was explained in an article by Theresa, the Top Contributor.
- Other benefits? Please read an article written by our Top Contributor, Kim here.
- Google conversion tracking code is totally safe and it will not effect the security of website. The code snippet can be used safely on both secure (security level is https://) and non-secure pages (security level is http://). You will be asked to select the security level of your pages when signing up, to ensure the code snippet uses the correct protocol (https:// or http://) on your conversion pages.
All the best,