AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Bad experience with Google ad words tool on 24 Dec 2014

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone...I had bad experience with Google ad words tool.. Which was happens on 24 Dec 2014...I ran campaigns for my clients. Daily I am getting 3 or 4 conversions (form filling)..on 24 Dec Google ad words tool showed me 16 conversions and in my Google analytics (goals) got only 6 and More ever I noticed  that  the number of conversions on 24 Dec is going to increasing(right now its showing 19 conversions)  and I given complaint on this issue to Google support  centre and waiting for reply…Just I want to know anybody had this experience before…

Re: Bad experience with Google ad words tool on 24 Dec 2014

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Manoj,

Welcome to adwords community.
I would like to let you know that google adwords conversion and analytics goal conversion will not not be same.

Converted Clicks: These are the number of unique clicks that converted within a 30-day period. If your primary tracking goal is the number of unique conversions, such as in lead generation accounts, then set Conversion Optimizer to focus on optimizing to this metric.

Conversions: This metric is a total of all conversions. For instance, a user comes to your site and makes multiple purchases. Google will track each one of those conversions separately. Therefore, it’s possible for one unique user to be responsible for multiple conversions. Optimize to this metric if total conversions are most important to your business (often times in ecommerce account).

Now your conversion is increasing so may be single user responsible for multiple conversion.

Hope it helps you.

\

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Sumanppc,

Thanks for reply

But my question is not about adwords conversion and analytics goal conversion.

I can explain clear ...one week back(31-Dec) I checked my conversions on December 24th day, In ad words its showing 16 conversions on the conversion column and I cross checked after 2 days (3-Jan) in conversion column its showing 19 conversions, now its 21 conversions showing in conversion column...how it’s possible...let me know any solutions for this issue...

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Manoj,

This is not an issue at all and is in fact how AdWords works. When you set up your conversions do you remember setting a conversion window?

Well what happens is that during that conversion window if a user comes back to your sight then the conversion will be attributed to his last ad clicked.

You can set the duration of this window, but its default is 30 days, which means that if a user who clicked on your ad but does not convert and then comes back 29 days later and converts the ad will be given credit for that conversion and the credit will be given to the day that the click occurred.

Learn more about conversion windows here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3046555?hl=en

Hope this helps

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Manoj,

I'm interested to know how many "Converted Clicks" AdWords says you have. Conversions can count duplicate actions made in one session, converted clicks are unique sessions. What that means is if your conversion is a form and one person clicked the ad then filled out the form multiple times (or clicked refresh, or submit multiple times) your conversions would count however many times the form was submit but the converted clicks would only count it as one unique conversion event.

Also, do you have multiple conversion actions set up in AdWords? If so, you could be double counting. Like others have said, AdWords and Analytics count conversions differently so it isn't necessarily a malfunction. If you prefer the way that Google Analytics counts conversions, you can import those into AdWords for conversions as opposed to AdWords conversions but just know that attribution is different.

Hope this helps!