AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Avg visit duration is different in AdWords and Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi anyone,

I have a question on avg visit duration. I've set up an AdWords account and implement many campaigns. Then I've set up the analytics tracking code for same website. Both AdWords and Analytics seems working good.

Then I linked a profile of analytic account to my AdWords, and there is new column metrics, Google Analytics, can be selected. However, I found that almost all data of this metrics in AdWords is different from data from Analytics, including Avg. visit duration, Pages / visit and % new visits. I've double checked data period, name of campaigns, all from paid clicks.

It is really strange because I though all these data are imported from Analytics to AdWords. Can anybody explain why? Is it caused by my wrong implementation?

Thanks very much for you guys help.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Avg visit duration is different in AdWords and Analytics?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Anthony L,

I know there is a delay in importing goals to analytics so this would most likely be the case for these stats as well..

You can read up on the discrepancies between analytics and adwords data here. Down near the bottom are the 2 more important bits of info for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Re: Avg visit duration is different in AdWords and Analytics?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks purefuzz, I found that those data come to consist this morning and the reason is probably as what you said, the delay of importing. TA