AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Avg visit duration column for Ad/Keywords performance?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In AdWords, in the secondary tabs section that shows the options for Keywords, Segment, Filter, etc, how do I find how long a visitor stay on the page?

I went to "Columns"->"Modify columns" but could not find the section for 'Google Analytics' where you can then select the 'Avg Visit Duration' column.

I do not recall using the 'Google Analytics' column before. Was it taken off?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: Avg visit duration column for Ad/Keywords performance?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi JJ,

The "Avg. Session Duration" column should still be available under Google Analytics in Modify Columns, like you said.

Have you confirmed if your Analytics and AdWords accounts are still linked?  You can check by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of the AdWords interface, going to Linked Accounts, and then Google Analytics.

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi JJ,

The "Avg. Session Duration" column should still be available under Google Analytics in Modify Columns, like you said.

Have you confirmed if your Analytics and AdWords accounts are still linked?  You can check by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of the AdWords interface, going to Linked Accounts, and then Google Analytics.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Would I see it under the Keywords, Ads, or Ad Group section? I check 'Modify Columns' and do not see Google Analytics (I do not options for Youtube). And yes, my account is linked with Google Analytics.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi JJ,

Not all columns are available in all views. For example, some columns may not have enough data to be shown at the keyword level.

Please try looking for the column in the Campaigns tab first (All Campaigns > Campaigns tab). Since this is the highest level in AdWords, most columns should be available in this view, including average session duration.

Can you add it from the Campaigns tab?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
At the campaign level, in 'Modify columns, these are what I see (Google Analytics is missing):
Attributes
Performance
Conversions
Attribution
Social Metrics
Call details
Competitive metrics
Performance (Active View)
Reach Metrics
Change history
Gmail Metrics
YouTube Earned actions
Custom columns

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi JJ,

Based on that list, it doesn't sound like your Analytics and AdWords accounts are linked.

Did you check your the Linked Accounts section under the gear icon?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I went to my "Linked Accounts"->"Google Analytics" and see a message: "None of your views are available for linking due to your account settings. Learn more"

I used to be able to view my Avg. Duration in my AdWords a few weeks ago. I did not made changes to my account settings. What could be wrong?

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi JJ,

Not sure what happened, but the view likely got unlinked in Analytics. Perhaps accidentally by someone who has the login? You can reestablish the link by going to the Admin section of Analytics, making sure you have the correct account/property/view selected, and going to AdWords Linking in the middle column.

Cassie