AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Avg Monthly searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am confused as to what the number represent in the Avg Monthly Searches. Is it in hundreds, thousands, millions???? For example when it says 40 and competition is labeled high. Does 40 represent 40 searches or 40 thousand or 40 million?

Please help me understand this new system.

Thanks.

Showleh

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Showleh T
September 2015

Re: Avg Monthly searches

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The number is an integer. 40 means 40 :
>>"Average monthly searches ("Avg. Monthly searches"): The average number of times people has searched for the exact keyword based on the location and Search Network targeting that you've selected. We average the number of searches for the term over a 12-month period.

Read more:

Understanding your Keyword Planner statistics and traffic estimates

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you so much for clarifying this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, wondering if anyone has an answer about Ave. monthly search and Breakdown by location's Ave. monthly search difference/gap in some Exact match keywords. For example if you searched "real time" , ave. monthly search is 300k a month but when you do breakdown by location it's 3.6 million ave monthly search. How is that possible?