AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Autotagging enabled creates wrong urls because of gclid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have set up autotagging for Adwords and Analytics, but unfortunately the url on the website doesn't work then on the website, and leads to a page with 0 products.

The gclid tag creates a parameter in the internal engine that leads to a filtered url which leads to an empty result page. The problem comes from Fredhopper, which works with parameters, but I cannot change anything in it.

Example  :

Url with a Bug :

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Florian P
June 2016

Re: Autotagging enabled creates wrong urls because of gclid

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Florian.

Your Magento configuration does not seem to accept any extra query parameters than the ones it expects. Manual tagging would cause exactly the same problems. And as far as I could see, neither URL works.

Get in touch with your developers and ask them to configure Magento in such a way that extra query parameters are ignored and pages are served right. How to do that exactly I couldn't tell, but I had customers using Magento and auto-tagging worked just fine.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.