AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Automated rule question - Apply to multiple Campaigns

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to apply a rule to multiple campaigns to pause them daily if at a certain hour the Requirement "Cost" > value=x

What I do not understand if the automated rule will take action on

a) any of the campaigns if some of them has a higher then required cost recorded in that day,

b) or if it requires that all the campaigns have an "added cost" above the required value to trigger the rule.

For example in case a) if 1 out of 15 campaigns have a cost of over x at the time the rule is triggered, will it switch to pause only that 1 campaign or all 15 ?

For example in case b) if 1 of the 15 campaigns has a cost of over x , is the rule applied or only if all 15 campaigns have an added cost of x , the rule is applied ( which will mean the rule will be applied too soon if I repeat it during the day)

[edit] I forgot the "why are you asking this? " part Smiley Happy It is because I want to set a triple daily budget for some campaigns which now have "Limited by budget" status, yet still to pause them if some of them aquire a too greater cost, by repeating this rule at every hour during the schedule.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Automated rule question - Apply to multiple Campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

I think the first case will be applied. When a campaign will meet the certain framed condition that particular campaign will be paused. Rest of them will be running as they are. Unless they meet the criteria of pause when "cost of over x".

As the rule is applied at campaign level all, the campaigns will be considered as individual. Because not every campaign performs the same way every day.

Well these are my thoughts! I would love to see some more insight from TC's
Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I think i have understood your question. Here is my answer:

Yes, automated rules works on each individual campaigns. So if a campaign accure a certain cost it will get paused. Not all the campaigns will paused which does not accure a certain cost.

Thanks,
Siva

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

I think the first case will be applied. When a campaign will meet the certain framed condition that particular campaign will be paused. Rest of them will be running as they are. Unless they meet the criteria of pause when "cost of over x".

As the rule is applied at campaign level all, the campaigns will be considered as individual. Because not every campaign performs the same way every day.

Well these are my thoughts! I would love to see some more insight from TC's
Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I think i have understood your question. Here is my answer:

Yes, automated rules works on each individual campaigns. So if a campaign accure a certain cost it will get paused. Not all the campaigns will paused which does not accure a certain cost.

Thanks,
Siva

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks 

Ok, and the cost requirement is applied to each element from the "Apply to : " Field not to all elements at once (such as an added cost for all selected campaigns) ?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, its applied to each campaign only. Not to all campaigns.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I hope this strategy of handling daily budgets will help me to get rid of the "Limited by budget" message Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, thats the only way to adjust budget automatically.