AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Automated rule cut off time

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I am planning to run an automated rule for max CPC in my campaign. Now I wish to know, if I am keeping a daily frequency at around 11 am, then how this frequency will work? Will it apply to all the day after 11 am? or what would be the cut-off time?

Re: Automated rule cut off time

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kapil,

It will be applied anywhere between 11:00 and 11:59 according to your account time-zone. It will not be applied later and there is no option to repeat the rule at every hour.

From here :https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472779?hl=en&ref_topic=3122862

Expand "step by step guide ...." and under point 4 you will find this 

"Did you know...

You can specify the hour of the day for your rule to run. A rule can start running at any time within the hour you select. "

I love how google makes this information difficult to find by hiding it in expanding sections, where the search on page with CTRL+F cannot reach. They should put a box for "search in this page" in the empty space in the left.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

But till what time the rule will be applied? What would be the cut-off time to end this rule?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It will be applied once during the hour you select. It will not be repeated during the same day.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Ok. So it will run only for an hour not more than that, right?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It will run only one time during that hour, not for an hour.

"For an hour" would mean a repetition , once every second or once every minute but such a repetition does not take place.

Re: DKI Insertion

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Pankaj.

Have one more query. I am planning to run an automated rule for max CPC in my campaign. Now I wish to know, if I am keeping a daily frequency at around 11 am, then how this frequency will work? Will it apply to all the day after 11 am? or what would be the cut-off time?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kapil,

While I am not the wise Pankaj, I still want to answer Smiley Happy

If you want a special confirmation from him, let's hope he will read this thread.

It will be applied only 1 time at 11:mm , The mm stands for : the exact minute when it will run during that hour is unknown, it can be any minute.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Adrian,

I apologize for my mistake. Thanks for your feedback.