AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Auto tagging

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I use same url for SEO and PPC promotions...

and I opeted for google analytics Auto tagging for my PPC ads, 

does this effects my SEO ranking......??

-Vijay

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Tracking PPC by Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

vijayppc;

Simply said: NO;

Those are two different systems. It is true that the same Google product (=Analytics) is used to track both organic search and PPC (=Adwords). Google says that one rank does not affect the other. I, personally, belive to this argument by Google.Smiley Happy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

vijayppc;

Simply said: NO;

Those are two different systems. It is true that the same Google product (=Analytics) is used to track both organic search and PPC (=Adwords). Google says that one rank does not affect the other. I, personally, belive to this argument by Google.Smiley Happy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

With the many accounts I have dealt with a number of advertisers have asked the same type of question "Will AdWords (PPC) advertising improve my natural listings (SEO)?".

As stated by @MosheTLV this is a definitive NO. 

With both PPC and SEO you can never guarentee performance but at least with PPC you have a greater level of control to get more instantanious results. Please visit the Webmaster Tools forum for more information on SEO.

Regards

Luigi

Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

"With both PPC and SEO you can never guarentee performance but at least with PPC you have a greater level of control to get more instantanious results."

Yes! Absolutely! PPC advertising allows for a level of direct, instantanious control over the SERP's that SEO listings can not. Plus, every time Google rolls out an update, many SEO folks lose their minds because their organic ranking changed. Yet, the PPC results remain consistent, and independent of the organic results.

Tom