AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Auto tagging two domains, one account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

We use our adwords account for two domains, i.e. abc.com and xyz.com

We have autotagging turned on.

However, in google analytics, the autotagging for xyz.com is not working, as it appears autotagging is only on for the abc.com site.

Is there a way to turn on autotagging for multiple domains in one adwords account? Or can this only be done through having two adwords accounts?

Thanks,

Dave

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Auto tagging two domains, one account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dave,

To the best of my knowledge, it's a one-to-one relation where auto tagging works. In case you are using more than one domain inside your AdWords account, you will have to use manual tagging to track the data inside Google Analytics, otherwise chances are that the data you will see for the second domain in Google Analytics as not set. You can use the URL Builder to create manual tags: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Pankaj for the reply!

Dave

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Dave,

Do you have separate Analytics accounts for the 2 domains? Auto-tagging won't work for the second account.

You can use a single Analytics account for both domains, and auto-tagging should work for both domains fi you set up this way.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

I never even thought about using one analytics account for multiple domains. Great suggestion!