AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Auto - Track VIN Number With Conversion Pixel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Is there a way for us to report on the VIN number of a vehicle a customer viewed if the VIN isn't listed in the URL? We want to track pageviews of vehicle description pages, and be able to report on the VIN of a vehicle a customer viewed. The auto dealerships we work with can then match that up to sales.

Has anyone done this before?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Auto - Track VIN Number With Conversion Pixel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lauren M,

If the data is not listed in the URL then you would have to cross-reference the data in some respect, but you could get the info.

Let me ping my friend, @Trevor_Stewart, as he is an expert in AdWords for car dealerships. If someone has a great answer, I would suspect he does. 

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Thanks for the mention @James_Clemens

Hi @Lauren M,

You are able to track by VIN if you push the VIN as an event through a data layer in your source code. It requires a bit of coding from your webmaster or website provider but there is a lot of information online about it. 

Here is some info on what needs to be done.

Cheers!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much, this is great!