AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Auto Tagging or Manual Tag for Sitelink Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to enable auto tagging and use value track at the same time?

Is it possible to enable auto tagging and use value track at the same time for sitelinks?

Does Google Analytics pick up any data about sitelinks with auto tagging only or do I have to use value track?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Auto Tagging or Manual Tag for Sitelink Tracking

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey adbot,

I have not used ValueTrack while auto-tagging is enabled, so not positively sure whether you can use simultaneously. However, after doing a bit of research, my understanding is that you are able to use ValueTrack to capture additional information. Therefore, you're able to tag the destination URL of a sitelink with tracking parameters so that you are able to track in Analytics.

And no, Analytics does not report on Sitelink activity (without custom tracking).

You can view the click type/segment report in AdWords to see how often your sitelinks are being clicked. The only drawback is that you cannot see which specific sitelink was clicked. 

Thanks,

BlueIon

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey adbot,

I have not used ValueTrack while auto-tagging is enabled, so not positively sure whether you can use simultaneously. However, after doing a bit of research, my understanding is that you are able to use ValueTrack to capture additional information. Therefore, you're able to tag the destination URL of a sitelink with tracking parameters so that you are able to track in Analytics.

And no, Analytics does not report on Sitelink activity (without custom tracking).

You can view the click type/segment report in AdWords to see how often your sitelinks are being clicked. The only drawback is that you cannot see which specific sitelink was clicked. 

Thanks,

BlueIon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help BlueIon

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

No problem... let me know if you additional questions.

Thanks,

BlueIon