AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Auction insights Averaging

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding the calculation of Impression Share figures across multiple keywords in the auction insights report. Is this figure based on a weighted average of Impression Share at the keyword level or a straight average or some other method? I've done some calculations for one of my accounts and cannot come to the same IS figure Auction Insights displays for the keywords and date range I've selected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian C
September 2015

Re: Auction insights Averaging

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
Google does NOT disclose the formula...so, you cannot check the numbers. Google's formula involves a "forecast" / prediction of "if -then", based on an algorithm it developed.

For IS due to rank and impression share I would use the numbers with some caution, because you do not know what is  (in Google's language- see below) "impressions you were eligible to receive." and what are "ads weren't shown on the Search Network due to poor Ad Rank." 

Read more:

Tracking impression share

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hello all,

I've come across an interesting thing in the Auction Insights report recently: when I open the report, I find a nice "disclaimer" saying: "10% of available impressions (from 53070 keywords) were used to generate this report. Learn more"

Of course, I tried the "Learn more" thing, but I cannot find the reason why only 10% of available impressions are taken into the report. Tried another campaign with a little bit more luck - 66%. Has anybody got any ideas considering this? Should be interesting!