AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Auction Insights Report

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I am trying to generate an Auction Insights Report for a client, but it is only showing results for the website in the account.  There is obviously competition since many of my campaigns are currently limited by budget and the Insights report only shows a 28% impression share (see picture).

Auction Insights Report Mercedes West Covina Sept 2016.png

How does Google determine which other websites to compare "You" to in the Auction Insights report? Can I expand the sample of URLs to get a clearer picture of the competition?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Auction Insights Report

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

How long was the time frame you used and how many clicks/impressions were there in that period?

Auction Insights Report

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

One of the reason could be that minimum threshold of the time period required to pull the data for Auction Insights report has not met and that would have resulted in not showing more stats for you.

Try selecting the longer time period so that Auction Insights Report might pull some data for you and other advertisers active during that time. 

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Auction Insights Report

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Hello @DealerFire A,

For the sites that appear under your auction insights report are the sites that usually enter the same auction with you meaning for the keywords or ads you are checking, the sites that enter the ad auction with you Smiley Happy

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa

Auction Insights Report

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

The account itself is fairly new, only been running for about a month and a half. However, my date range is a full month and changing date ranges did not seem to change my results on my Insights Report.  I also looked at reports for different clients that had not been running much longer (more like 2 full months) and they had other comparison sites.

To answer your question, RobSkelton, For the time period selected for the screenshot I included, I had 131,372 impressions and 1,948 clicks.

Auction Insights Report

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

My only guess is that you are looking at account level stats and there are so many competitors that none reach the threshold to be shown.

Try the report for your most active ad group.