AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Auction Insight

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The new Auction Insight looks promising; however I wonder how accurate it really is!? Several of our  keywords with low quality scores appear to be doing well (actually higher then others competing for the auction at the time) yet other reports indicate otherwise. Eitherway, it's great eye candy for customers and will give marketers a slight advantage it they use it as a tool.

Re: Auction Insight

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Tamaraf,

I haven't seen these situations yet - so I can't give you "my insights" about it...

However,  I just read this review about the "Auction Insights" and I've found it very interesting - and maybe you'll like it as well:

http://blog.traffick.com/2012/05/auction-insights-a-googley-take-on-competitive-keyword-intelligence...

Cheers,

Asaf

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tamaraf

still gathering my thoughts on how useful (actionable) the data is but the most useful thing I've come up with so far is brand watching.

If your protecting your brand (against affiliates and competitors) you could see who is appearing without constantly watching your ads.

For example some affiliates can be extremely sneaky - excluding your office location from the targeting, only appearing out of office hours etc. so this should give you a list of who and how often (impression share).

It may (still figuring this out) give you some idea as to budgets. If there are advertisers that have a high avg. position but low impression share it could indicate that they have limited budgets/ day part etc.

It definitely looks an interesting tool.

Cheers

Kane

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Does anyone know if you can sort keywords by Auction Insight?

Basically, I'm trying to see just the keywords that have the Auction Insight (graph) available.

Thanks In Advance,

RPquest

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
There is another discussion that you might want to check:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/New-Auction-Insights/td-p/27609
Zee
G+