AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Auction Insight Report at Campaign Level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

The auction insight report is useful but for some reason the data is only showing up at the ad group level, this makes looking at the campaigns a slow process when there are a lot of ad groups in one campaign.

When trying to get the full auction sight report at campaign level, it is either empty or has just one item in there. Comparing that to any at ad group level, they normally have 5+ including the ones we know are competitors..

Am i doing something wrong or is it broken or is it working as it should?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Auction Insight Report at Campaign Level

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Luke

I think there is something strange when i am checking the auction sight at campaign level i can check the proper data of impression share, average position
, overlap rate, position above rate, top of page rate, and outranking share.

May be you should try to change the date range just for testing purpose.

Good Luck!!

Ana

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ana

I have tried all sorts of date ranges and still the same result.

The campaign level auction insights just does not seem to show the competitor data. It all seems to only work within the ad group level which is really hard to get a sense of the auctions at the high level.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Luke.
I have a feeling that there may be an issue here. I'm experiencing something similar but it's only for date ranges longer than 6 weeks.

Can you check if you can run it at a campaign level for say the past 30 days?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I dont know but i think we can check .. you can check the same from below snapshot... which is auction insights at campaign level...

http://postimg.org/image/sao7lkk0v/

Ana

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Ana
Thanks for posting that.
Can you tell me the date range? Could you post a screenshot of what you see if you extend it to the past year?

Can you also confirm that this is at the campaign level? Can you confirm that you are selecting only a few campaigns (not all) and selecting auction insights for selected?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can see some data at 30 days at the campaign level but it is minimal and when going into the ad group level for the same time period there is much more which is not showing up in the campaign level auction insight report.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Dave,

I Agree, it is not available even with the all time data.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Can you both go back a year and compare the data? (even if the campaign hasn't been live that long).

It would be good if you could provide screenshots (with urls blurred out).

Can you also check if there's a difference in the 30 day report when you select all as opposed to selecting a few campaigns and running the auction insights report on "selected".

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Dave

As per your previous mail here are the snapshots:

Snapshot of one campaign date range last 30 days:

data of one campaign date range last 30 days

Snapshot of same campaign , date range last year October month:

same campaign date range last year

Hope that works!!