AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Attribution modelling issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanted to compare attribution modelling data for one of my client in the Search Funnel reports. This client has enabled conversion tracking so their campaigns qualify for this type of report. However, when I compared 'first click' Vs 'last click' models, the data is exaclty the same (so exactly the same conversion numbers). I checked all 4 attribution models to compare them and the same issue occurs: the conversion numbers are identical. Can anyone explain why that might be?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Attribution modelling issue

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Christelle,

Thanks for your question. 

The first question that I have is how many conversions are you seeing? It could be that if all four of the models are saying the same thing, it could be the case that people are only interacting with one of your ads.
So the first click is essentially the last click and so on. 

If you are seeing 1,000 conversions and all of the data is the same, then we probably need to investigate more. 

Let me know what you see and then we can go from there. 

Re: Attribution modelling issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shanea

Thanks for your answer. I think you might be right actually, this client has around 100 to 150 conversions/ month. I just checked the Path Length report and most conversions seem to occur after the first click, which makes sense.

Many thanks for helping Smiley Happy
Christelle