AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Attributing view through conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Having a few issues trying to attribute view through conversions from a display remarketing campaign to my PPC campaign. Hoping to prove to the client that they are PPC leads and not SEO. 

When segmenting VTC by hour of day, is the time attributed to the VTC the time of the impression or the time the user came back and organically converted? 

Additionally if anyone could help with regard to any analytics features or further tools in adwords that could help me attribute my VTCs.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Attributing view through conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Keziah D,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

AdWords takes time of last ad click before conversion, not the conversion itself. It means when you segment data by time, it shows the time of the last click on ad that resulted in the conversion. 

About convincing client about the importance of VTC,  you can say that having an increased number of VTC means your ads are reaching out to the right set of audiences. Also, such conversions can assure that the ads are doing enough branding for the company in question. 

If somebody saw your ad but did not click it, it does not mean that ad left no impression on the minds of such audiences. Psychologically speaking, such impressions of ads get into the subconscious minds and when such users actually think of buying similar or exact products/services they recall the brand easily. They look for the brand, gets to the website/store and makes the purchase.

Hence, VTC cannot be sidelined, it starts the very process of purchase which could be attributed to other source of traffic, but the credit should go to AdWords as well.

My two cents.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

Thank you very much for your contribution, it was very insightful.

Kindest,

Keziah D.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Keziah, I am glad I could be helpful Smiley Happy

Thanks
Ratan Jha