AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Attributing Impression Assisted Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, 

I doubt this is possible, but I'd like to throw it out there and see if anyone has encountered the same issue.  

I understand that impression assisted conversions are the total conversions for which the ad appeared but did not trigger a click.  Okay, I like the idea of crediting an ad with a very high level position in the funnel BUT I would like to know where the final conversion click is taking place.  So if I see 20 impression assisted conversions for keyword "A", which out of keywords A, B and C did the final conversion click take place?

Now, I know this should be solved with the top paths report.  Unfortunately, the adgroup impression paths report shows almost no information for some reason.  I've set everything as broad as I can.  

Path length: Any/ 90 days/ 100% of conversions.  

Despite this, when I count the conversions where a path is actually shown it only comes to about 1/5 of the total.  Why isn't it showing the other paths?  

Re: Attributing Impression Assisted Conversions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tyler,

There are few reasons why you aren't able to see complete paths report. Here's why

1. Customer disabled cookies

2. Customer comes to your site other than Google

If you are pausing a campaign, there's a higher probability of missing customers who are researching your products and taking actions. In this case, I suppose you have paused your campaigns in the past 90 days (conversion window). Try reviewing View-Through conversions as well. To know more about AdWords Search Funnel Reports, click here.

Shafi Ahamed

Attributing Impression Assisted Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shafi or Other Google Tech Smiley Happy

Very interesting! I'm just discovering the power of imp. Assisted conversion especially when adding very high funnel keywords. 

The report of assisted path would have given me some amazing information about the path of the user from the top of the funnel but unfortunately this report is not as great as I thought. 

All my account got very few information on this (Campaign path impressions or adgoup path impression). Is this possible to dig a bit more on this kind of information in your back end?

Another question about Attribution on click, click assisted and imp. Assisted. 

For example, I've got 3 keywords. 

A = Branded 

B = Mid-Funnel Generic 

C = Verrryyyy High Funnel Generic. 

Use case 1. (Conversion imported from Google Analytics, setup in Last-click in AdWords)

User search for keyword C, see the ads, doesn't click. 

User search for keyword B, see the ads, click, doesn't convert.

User search for keywords A, see the ads, click, convert.

Do only Keywords A will get a conversion.. B = no click assisted and C no imp. Assisted conversion?

Use case 2. (Conversion imported from Google Analytics, setup in Last-click in AdWords)

User search for keyword C, see the ads, doesn't click. 

User search for keyword B, see the ads, click, doesn't convert.

User search for keywords A, see the ads, click, doesn't convert.

User search for keyword A, don't click on the ads, click on organic link, then convert.

Do only Keywords A will get a click assisted conversion.. B = no click assisted and C no imp. Assisted conversion?

Thanks.