AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Asynchronous Method Inaccuracy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We've been using Google Analytics on our site (theyetee.com) for a couple of weeks now, and I've verified that the asynchronous code is installed properly in our various page templates, but the numbers we're seeing are off... by a LOT. As in, it's reporting an average of somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 visits per day, when the actual number (according to AWStats) is around 10,000 (that's only counting hits on the index page). This kind of makes Analytics worthless to us, but we'd really like to connect it to MailChimp to get insights on how different mailing campaigns are performing, so we want to make it work. We haven't set up any filters on the data we're viewing; are there any tricks involved in getting Analytics working properly?
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kuroiryu
September 2015

Re: Asynchronous Method Inaccuracy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi kuroiryu,

I"m going to refer you to this conversation in the GA forum:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/analytics/ghq8lfSa5ts

And this Google article:

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2558867

The code on your page does not call the "_require" in the same order as your script:

Here's their code:

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
var pluginUrl =
 '//www.google-analytics.com/plugins/ga/inpage_linkid.js';
_gaq.push(['_require', 'inpage_linkid', pluginUrl]);
_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-XXXXXX-Y']);
_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

In the GA forum post referenced above, seems many people are having trouble with the enhanced link attribution.

I don't use ELA, and this is not really the Analytics forum, so this is about as far as I can go with this.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Asynchronous Method Inaccuracy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete, Thanks for the insight! I actually don't see the need for in-page analytics for our purposes, so my first approach is going to be to disable it and remove the related code. We really only need to know where traffic's coming from, and where it's going. Thanks, Ryan (kuroiryu)